We are looking for younger people to spend a gap year, or people who have taken early retirement, to serve for a year in Albania or Kosova as part of the ministry. They should be people with initiative, and open to the possibility of a longer-term call arising from their year. They need to be able to take up and develop a ministry they are asked to become involved in, if it should be appropriate. We are not offering a rigidly imposed programme, rather there is flexibility to develop your ministry within the existing structure of the missionary team or the local church.
What you can do depends on what you have to offer, or more precisely, what gifts. To be helpful we have listed below what might be needed or what others have previously been able to do (in no particular order).
- Evangelistic outreach involving personal contact, conversation and literature distribution.
- Youth and children’s work including running Bible clubs and helping with summer camps.
- Practical work including building projects and maintenance.
- Technical support including photography and video.
- Teaching English as a means to making contacts.
- Care of the young, old and vulnerable.
- Child care, teaching and domestic help in support of fellow workers.
If you want to explore further, why not request our leaflet
'Short-term service opportunities with AEM'
by contacting Paul Davies
Telephone: 01359 408431
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org